Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Shhhh...don't tell Gavin and Grayson....

I have been, at times, accused of being type A and a little OCD. Whatever! Okay, maybe sometimes. Regardless, when you have toddlers who love their lovey and they need their little friends to sleep, you'll do just about anything to make sure one is always available. Enter the dog pound and bear's den. That's what I call it. I have a special stash of lovies for G&G. All it took was Gavin's first year and Rotovirus (for those who don't know-this is a extreme vomiting and diarrhea toddler virus) and his puppy getting soaked in vomit. No way was I going to put him back to bed with it, so I stocked up (maybe too much!) on extras. Then when little Gray came around, I already knew to buy some extras. Funny thing, though the boys don't know about Mommy's secret stash (I rotate them in/out so they are equally 'worn') Gavin realized some puppy's had more beans in their paws than others and some didn't have any at all (he pushes them around and the beans migrated into the tummy.) Almost busted I quickly (STAT) called upon some surgeons (seamstress) to perform a simple procedure. They made a small incision in the groin and pulled down the beans back into the paws, resealed the site and closed up the incision. Now, I am happy to say both puppy's are back in the dog pound with perfect paws!
Crisis diverted! WHEW!
(Quit laughing at me!) :)

3 comments:

Breenette said...

I am laughing my butt off right now! You are a PSYCHO! lol! Only you, Steph! Only YOU! I love it!

Janah said...

I am so glad you posted that. It makes me laugh so hard I cry. You are too funny! I will remember that one when we are 80....well maybe.

Colleen and Gerald said...

I love you!!