Tuesday, January 27, 2009

For My boys who want to know more about the Woman who is their Mommy!

I posted this on my facebook page. My facebook page is private for only my friends. My blog is for my children and my family/friends, but most of all for G&G to have a written journal of how much we love them and how much fun we have with them. I am pasting this post from facebook here for my sweet children to read something about their Mommy. Goodness knows when they are curious about the woman who is their Mommy, I probably won't be on facebook anymore (maybe! ha!)

These are 25 random facts about me:

1. I met my husband at The Lizard Lounge in Deep Ellum when I was 23. He grabbed my arm and said "you are beautiful, can I buy you a drink?" So yes, you can find a quality guy at a bar!

2. I love Jesus, I love the influence he has in my life. I love that I can trust his plan for me and my family and that he always takes care of us. His love is amazing and I praise him daily.

3. I am funny..really I am! I love to laugh with my friends and carry on like silly grade school girls!

4. I am spoiled. Yes, my parents have given me everything, but some of the most important things they gave me aren't things at all...courage, dedication, trust, loyalty and most of all they showed me how 2 people can love and stay married...which is rare today!

5. My husband make me laugh so hard my sides hurt. Greg has an amazing personality and truly is my soul mate. Not only is he a fantastic husband but he had exceeded my expectations as a father to our boys!

6. Ever since my Nanny died I don't look at people the same anymore. Seeing her lie in the coffin has opened my eyes to what being alive and human is. It's not how we look, how skinny we are, how much money we have, rather it's about the spirit, the soul that resides in that vessel. I love the change this intimate experience has had on my life.

7. I feel a heavy responsibility in raising my boys to become men of integrity, honesty, men who trust and can be trusted, leaders who will lead, husbands who will love and be loved, and most of all fathers that will lead their family towards the Lord.

8. I am always reading books on raising boys, either theory books, research books or christian books of faith. It's scary to think of how many irresponsible men who cannot commit nor hold jobs and love one woman are out there. G&G will have a solid foundation...We have committed to that!

9. My job requires me to (at times) help people die with dignity and comfort. It is hard to be around death and even harder to watch families mourn. Yes, I do take my job home sometimes.

10. My job also allows me to help heal critically ill dying patients and watch them walk out of our ICU. It's the greatest feeling to have those people come back and hug you and say "THANKS!" AMEN!

11. I love my girlfriends so much! I pray for them and their families daily.

12. I am an organization freak! Everything has a place and all things have a clear plastic box with a lid on it...oh yea, and those clear plastic boxes are also labeled with my super cool label maker!! (A little neurotic, yes! But damn, it sure looks nice!)

13. Seeing empty laundry hampers with the closets and drawers full of clean clothes makes me feel accomplished! (It's a difficulty feat to accomplish....I'm like, really, you can't just wear that one more time?! haha!)

14. I love music, all kinds, from Broadway musicals to hip hop, from county to heavy metal, from trance to techno and back to folk to alternative. My iPOD has it all and is quickly filling up!

15. I love being pregnant...love love love it! (Yea, that explains why my boys are 13 months apart in age!) I want one more baby...my parents and some friends think I am nuts!

16. Sometimes having 2 toddlers stresses my out to the max and I just am fuming....then as I tuck them in bed at night their sweet little voices say " I love you Mommy, God Bless you" and I forget it all!

17. I am wondering if I will ever fit into my size 6 jeans again...but I hang on to them and my super hot dresses.....

18. I love black coffee.....HOT black coffee....HOT black starbucks coffee...HOT black starbucks bold bean coffee....okay okay, you get it?!

19. I love that my boys think my parents are awesome! To see them cuddle with their Papa and ShooShoo is just amazing!

20. I am studying for my CCRN certification. (In case you don't know-CCRN is one of the hardest certifications to acquire as a RN!)

21. I respect my husband and his level of commitment to our family. He is always planning on ways to better himself for our family. His dedication to us is the best!

22. I wasn't always so focus and goal orientated...(no notes about this girls who have known me forever!) I used to be the total party girl! I had a Scarlet O'Hara outlook "I won’t worry about that today. I’ll worry about that tomorrow. After all, tomorrow is another day."

23. A quote I try to remember daily is "If you don't like something change it, if you can't change it then change the way you think about it."

24. I used to shop ALOT for myself...now I shop at Gymboree, Baby Gap, Janie and Jack and Old Navy...while I am there I may pick up something for myself. It's just not about me anymore!

25. I am a picture taking, photo journaling, video camera fool! Just about every moment is captured in some form of media around here. So when I am old and forget it all, I can just sit back and remember how much fun this life I have is!

1 comment:

Breenette said...

I LOVE your post. :) But I can't stop thinking...well, about several of the items *snicker* but especially - HOW THE HECK DID YOU FAIL TO TELL ME ABOUT #20!!! Must talk!