Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Gavin and Grayson's Favorite Authors and Books

This blog has no pictures and no funny story. It is just a list of G&G's favorite authors and books. We have an entire tall 5 shelf book shelf in the playroom for G&G's books, mostly hardbacks but some board books (that I haven't packed up yet and they still enjoy) and a few paperbacks. Books have consistently been their favorite "toy". They will sit for hours looking at books and now Gavin has taken to reading the stories (really from memory because we read like crazy here.) He is mimicing his preschool teachers (who we LOVE) and playing teacher. He says "Okay guys, sit down and I will read to you!" hah! So cute! Grayson will curl up in your lap as long as you let him and keep reading. I love it that my boys love books like me. The smell of a bookstore is still my favorite, I will open a book in the middle, put my nose in the spine and inhale a smell that brings so many happy memories to me. Many of Greg and I's first dates ended at Barnes and Noble with each of us sipping venti coffee sitting in a overstuffed chair reading a new book together. I hope I can continue to encourage and develop a love of reading with both Gavin and Grayson.

Who we read (the most):
Jane Yolen
Amy Hest
Mem Fox
Karma Wilson
David Shannon
Steve Jenkins
Jane Chapman
Laura Numeroff
just to name a few......

No comments: