Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Jim Fay is my HERO!!!!!











Anyone who knows me is aware Gavin is STRONG willed and smart. Oh yea, and spoiled too. Okay, gimme a break, he is my first born, I'm still learning my 'parent' role. We've had our ups and downs in the discipline department. We've read books, I mean ALOT of books. Leman, Dobson, Greenspan, and now Fay. (last names) By far, Jim Fay's is amazing. Greg and I purchased the audio CDs (for Greg in traffic) and books for me last week. We read about "love and logic" on their web site and started implementing basic principles-as best as we could-last week. Since last Wednesday, no tantrums-I MEAN none. Gavin response is amazing, we both see his true personality coming back. Now that he is 3 and has he mental capacity to understand reasoning and consequences , we are able to talk teach and guide him rather than time out this and time out that. It does take more time from our part and alot of patience but let me tell you-I'd rather do this than endure screaming tantrums that really don't resolve or teach my boy! I know we will still need time outs for acting out and hitting brother, etc, however I see major improvement in everybody in the Howard House. Grayson is doing well, he is compliant for the most part. He just turned 2 in August so the reasoning won't be until later, but simple explanations and time outs work great for now.

YEA Jim Fay!

1 comment:

Colleen and Gerald said...

We just ordered the Parenting with Love and Logic book last week and I am waiting, not so patiently, for it to arrive. I am so glad to hear it is going well so far!

Much love, squeezes and kisses,