Wednesday, May 6, 2009
An unlikely visitor
Upon arriving home last night I was greeted by a little green guy. No, not the kind from outer space, rather more the amphibious type. A cute little green tree frog was sitting on my front door. I quickly became fascinated with this little guy. He was bright green and honestly he looked like the frogs in G&G's books. He had little suckers on his feet and super long hoppy legs. He sat still for a few minutes, then jumped around the front door. My first idea was kick out the crippled butterfly from the insect net house and capture this frog for G&G. When I presented the idea to Greg, it was IMMEDIATELY shut down. Greg states a legitimate case: they chirp at night, they jump high and fast (forget about catching it if it gets out) and feeding issues. I agreed, not so easily, but I agreed and we just took a couple of pics for the boys to see. He really looks more like a frog from the pet store rather than a wild frog, I've never seen one like this in our area. Who knows maybe he'll be back tonight?!

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment